AutoHotkey is a completely free, open-source software with the automation and macro-creation process in its own focus. Through this software, users are able to automate repetitive tasks.
AutoHotkey Main Features
AutoHotkey has several features which you might want to explore and use:
- Full support for keyboard, mouse or even gamepad mappings,
- A functional real-time auto-replacement engine,
- Simple and powerful scripting language for hotkeys and macros,
- Scripts are backward compatible with most existing AutoIt2 scripts as well,
- Automatically convert a script to an executable file (EXE),
- Including AutoScriptWriter, a popular macro recorder,
- Completely free and open-source software.
If you need a software with which you need to map default keyboard, mouse or gamepad keys than this might be the right program for you.
What you can do with AutoHotkey?
In case you are wondering what can you do with this kind of software, there are only a few examples:
- Set keyboard shortcuts to open favorite folders on your computer,
- You can also set hotkeys which are able to open or type certain websites,
- You can practically tie any application on your computer to a certain key combination,
- It might be useful to use this software to create templates for common e-mails for example
Well, with this software you can do a lot when it comes to hotkeys.
- Functionality - 8/108/10
- Speed - 8/108/10
AutoHotkey is a popular automation software for Windows OS which allows you to map your keyboard, gamepad or mouse keys to almost anything you want – by using a simple scripting language.