Avidemux is a free open-source software designed to perform simple video processing tasks such as encoding, applying simple filters or cutting video clips as well.
This little piece of software is able to work with large video files as well. You can select, cut and then save a portion of a file. Also, you can convert and compress videos with this tool.
It also has live real-time filters which you can apply to videos before converting them. Allowing you to resize resolution, add color profiles and subtitles or corp a video file.
It supports a variety of audio and video formats, you can see them all on this list.
However, Avidemux is not one of the easiest video processing software out there. The user interface is outdated and it may take you a little amount of time to become familiar with it.
There is a decent online manual, which shows you how to use Avidemux with no hassle.
- Cut and encode videos easily on multiple platforms,
- Apply filters on your videos in real-time,
- The most popular formats are supported,
- Works with large video files as well,
- Open-source and cross-platform software.
- The user interface is a bit outdated,
- Some formats are partially supported.
If you have some time to play around with its features and “basic” user interface, this little tool might be a great editor to quickly cut or compress your videos.
- User Interface - 7/107/10
- Functionality - 6.5/106.5/10
- Speed - 8/108/10
Avidemux does not offer a huge variety of features, instead, it is focused to perform simple video processing tasks, such as converting or cutting videos with ease.