Bitwarden is an open-source password management application which allows you to store, share and synchronize sensitive data across multiple supported devices and platforms. It encrypts and hashes your data on your own local device before it is sent to the cloud servers for synchronization.
This software uses AES 256-bit and PBKDF2 encryption to secure your sensitive data. AES is used by the US government and other agencies around the world for protecting top-secret data and it’s considered unbreakable.
Their servers are used only for storing encrypted data and it’s impossible to get them directly from the Bitwarden cloud servers.
Powerfull and free password manager
This software uses strong encryption and one-way salted hashing, so if you use a strong account password, your data is completely safe!
- Uses AES and PBKDF2 encryption methods to store your data,
- The connection is completely protected, and data is encrypted before reaching out the server,
- Available for most popular Desktop and Mobile platforms,
- You can easily import data from other applications
Due to how Bitwarden works, there is your account master password if you forget it. So, make sure to use strong but memorable password while using this amazing piece of software.
- Available on multiple platforms
- Professional-grade encryption methods
- Import passwords from other similar applications
- Password sharing feature
- Password sharing with more than 5 users is not free