Bitwarden is an open-source password management application which allows you to store, share and synchronize sensitive data across multiple supported devices and platforms.
This software uses AES 256-bit and PBKDF2 encryption to secure your sensitive data. AES is used by the US government and other agencies around the world for protecting top-secret data and it’s considered unbreakable.
Their servers are used only for storing encrypted data and it’s impossible to get them directly from the Bitwarden cloud servers.
Bitwarden main features
- Uses AES and PBKDF2 encryption methods to store your data,
- The connection is completely protected and data is encrypted before reaching out the server,
- Available for most popular Desktop and Mobile platforms,
- You can easily import data from other applications
This software uses strong encryption and one-way salted hashing, so as long as you use a strong account password, your data is completely safe!
Due to the way this software works, there is no way to reset and recover your account master password if you forget it. So make sure to use strong but memorable password while using this amazing piece of software.
- User Interface - 9/109/10
- Functionality - 9/109/10
- Speed - 9/109/10
Great and powerful open-source password management program which works on multiple platforms, even supporting Android and iOS devices for free!