Multi Commander is one of the most feature-packed (and free) alternatives to default Windows File Explorer. By default, it supports working with multiple tabs, an effective file viewer and dual panels to effectively find and display everything on your PC.
This free file manager offers you a wide range of functionality which can help you work efficiently and easily with files on your computer. It has really an impressive set of features and options bundled in this software.
Even though user interface might be a bit confusing for the average computer user, Multi Commander is really an amazing replacement for default File Explorer in Windows simply it has variety of integrated features and options, such as:
- Customizable tabbed user interface,
- View separate folder tree on both panels,
- Rename multiple files/folders easily and securely,
- Supports FTP protocol, OneDrive, and access to Windows Registry,
- Extensive support for customized hotkeys,
- Internal image viewer with support for JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP and RAW formats,
- Internal support for several file archives, including 7Zip, ZIP and RAR,
- Integration with IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes to show information about your downloaded movies with ease,
- Easily edit and view MP3 tags,
- Much more other features as well.
Multi Commander is really an amazing piece of software and it’s really a great alternative to Windows File Explorer. Even though it has a bit complicated user interface, it is worth to try for most users.