This is a free, Open source program for compositing, following the footsteps of commercial node-based compositing applications like Nuke and Fusion. It has an extraordinarily little learning curve for users already familiar with Nuke.
Digital compositing is the process of digitally assembling multiple images to make a final image, typically for print, motion pictures or screen display. It is the digital analogue of optical film compositing.
This free software has some unusual features for free software like real-time playback via RAM cache, multi-thread rendering support, 2D tracking, grading, and scoping, support for most commercial and free OpenFX plugins and much more.
Main Natron Features
- Low hardware requirements for this type of software,
- Real-time video tracking,
- Full multi-thread support,
- Support for many audio/video formats,
- Full support of the OpenFX 1.4 API, enabling use of open source or commercial plug-ins,
- Batch-rendering support,
- Customizable UI and fast learning curve
Natron is the most powerful free composition software which you might find. It works on multiple platforms and you can start using it right now.