Paragon Backup & Recovery Free Edition is a free PC backup utility with some professional functions. It employs reliable backup and recovery tools, allowing you to deploy, manage and protect your storage resources effectively.
Paragon Backup Features
There are several options when you decide to Backup your data, such as:
- Schedule backups daily, monthly or even by certain events,
- Select the full or incremental backup options,
- Choose how long you want backups to be kept, the default value is forever,
- Choose backup output format, supported formats are Paragon, VMWare, Microsoft Virtual PC or Microsoft Hyper-V,
- You might choose different compression levels for backups as well,
- Split backup into multiple files (by size or type),
- Set a password to protect your backup data
As you might see, you can do a lot of things with this free piece of software. I believe these options are enough for a majority of users.
Paragon Recovery Features
When it comes to Recovery options, Paragon Backup & Recovery supports 2 different options there. Both of them require that you boot into the WinPE environment, which needs to be enabled and created during the initial setup.
Through the environment, you may choose the option to recover an entire backup image – replacing all data on a disk or selected partition. Another option gives you a granular approach and allows you to recover selected files you wish to restore.
Overall, it is a top-quality free backup software for Windows operating systems. You should definitely try it out if you want to backup your data and restore them easily later.
Paragon Backup and Recovery Rating
- User Interface - 7.5/107.5/10
- Functionality - 8.5/108.5/10
- Speed - 7/107/10
Paragon Backup & Recovery Summary
Paragon Backup & Recovery Free is a free Windows backup utilities with some professional functions. It was created by the company which has over two decades of experience and expertise in data security, data backup and data management for Desktop PCs, servers and networks.