Paragon Backup & Recovery Community Edition is a free PC backup utility with some professional functions. It employs reliable backup and recovery tools, allowing you to deploy, manage and protect your storage resources effectively.
The free version is available only for Desktop versions of the system, however, to use it you would need to create a free user account (if you already don’t have one of course).
Paragon Backup Features
There are several options when you decide to Back up your data, such as:
- Schedule backups daily, monthly, or even by certain events,
- Select the full or incremental backup options,
- Choose how long you want backups to be kept, the default value is forever,
- Choose backup output format, supported formats are Paragon, VMWare, Microsoft Virtual PC or Microsoft Hyper-V,
- You might choose different compression levels for backups as well,
- Split backup into multiple files (by size or type),
- Set a password to protect your backup data
As you might see, you can do a lot of things with this free piece of software. These options are enough for most users.
Paragon Recovery Features
When it comes to Recovery options, Paragon Backup & Recovery supports 2 different options there. Both require that you boot into the WinPE environment, which needs to be enabled and created during the initial setup.
Through the environment, you may choose the option to recover an entire backup image – replacing all data on a disk or selected partition. Another option gives you a granular approach and allows you to recover selected files you wish to restore.
Overall, it is a top-quality free backup software for Windows operating systems. You should try it out if you want to back up your data and restore them easily later.