Daum Potplayer is an awesome free media player for Windows. It can play all media files without requiring additional codecs yet supports OpenCodecs and can install extra codec packs automatically. It’s easy to use yet rivals complex open-source projects in features and options.
When it comes to supported playback formats, I have to say it is like the most popular VLC media player. In aspects of integrated options and functionality, it is even better than VLC, so it is no wonder why so many users call it the best media player today.
Install and play anything – out of the box
This free media player plays any video and format you might throw into. All necessary codecs are automatically installed with Potplayer. It is compatible with most known formats, offers filters and effects to make your clips look even better, and can be customized with skins if you’re not a fan of its dark default look.
Potplayer can handle files from your drive, URLs, and FTP servers, digital and analog TVs, DVDs, and Blu-Rays – Practically any file you might want to play on your computer.
Variety of options available
Potplayer has an amazing number of options and support for various advanced playback technologies. Despite its minimalist design, it contains hundreds of available options when you open the Preferences window (F5). In addition to the multimedia player itself, it even includes a screen recorder and TV receiver playback.
Some useful options worth mentioning are:
- Fully supports subtitles, with a lot of customization options and sync functions
- Sharpen or Blur videos, adjust levels, mirror, rotate, mirror, and reduce noise with ease
- Full support for 3D video playback and even a 360-degree videos
- Amazing live preview playback thumbnails
- Effective bookmark system which allows you to bookmark your favourite scenes or chapters
- Supports advanced hardware-based playback acceleration
In general, Potplayer is a media player with a great looking user interface. It has an extensive range of configurable options to choose from and lots of functionality.