Sfyng Studio is a powerful vector-based and open-source 2D animation software. It was developed back in 2005 with an aim to produce the application which is capable of creating quality animations with fewer resources.
Powerful Free Animation Studio
The software is designed to speed up the animation creation process by removing the need to create each frame individually – like it is the case for some programs. Instead, the program tries to generate the frames by morphing from one frame to another, or by applying transformations to certain shapes.
Alternatively, if you prefer to use a frame-by-frame approach, the program has decent tracing tools that may help you convert your assets and manipulate over them with more comfort.
Creating a simple animated object is extremely easy. If you know how to move an object, you are about halfway to making your first animation with this software. All you need to do is to press the “Record” button and start moving objects manually. Your movement will be recorded and ready within a seconds.
Unlike similar animation creation software, Sfyng Studio is capable of handling (importing) audio files as well. Audio files are not editable, so you need to use a final audio source.
Sfyng Studio Main Features
Here are some of the main features this free animation software provides:
- Most elements are vector-based, and all layers are parametrically generated,
- Animation-keyframes are automatically interpolated by the computer,
- HDRI processing allows canvases to internally understand a far greater range of pixel luminance, resulting in better lighting effects,
- Full support for gradient paths – gradients that follow along a drawn shape,
- Supports a Layers of various types (geometric, gradients, filters, distortions, transformations…).
Overall, Sfyng Studio is fairly easy to use animation software where beginners should be able to get up and running in a short amount of time. If you are into animation, you should definitely try this free and open source program.
Video: Here is an example of what can be done with help of this software.
- User Interface - 7/107/10
- Functionality - 7/107/10
- Speed - 8/108/10
Synfig Studio is an open-source 2D animation software, developed for creating quality animations using vector and bitmap files. Allows you to create quality 2D animations on your PC.