TortoiseSVN is a free revision control, version control, and source code control application, based on Subversion. It provides a very nice user interface for Subversion. It is developed under the GPL license.
TortoiseSVN Main Features
Here are some of the main features of this great little free software for Windows operating systems. This software is created as a Subversion client and it supports all the features of it, including some of the following:
- Regular updates and bugfixes from community and developers,
- All commands and options are available directly from the File Explorer,
- Supports modern CVS features,
- Meta-data, directories and even renames are versioned as well,
- Commits are really fast and atomic,
- Batching and tagging operations of your code are done constantly,
- Smart handling of binary files as well,
- Advanced code visualization techniques and options,
- Supports Windows 64-bit native application as well.
Additionally, it comes with a few additional tools which can help you handle your code revisions and updates with more ease:
- TortoiseMerge – Utility which helps you show changes you made to files,
- TortoiseBlame – Shows also log messages for each line in a file,
- TortoiseIDiff – Utility with which you can see the changes you made to your image files,
- SubWCRev – Tool which allows you to include revision numbers into your files.
Tortoise SVN Ratings
- User Interface - 8/108/10
- Functionality - 8/108/10
- Speed - 9/109/10
Tortoise SVN Summary
TortoiseSVN is a popular Subversion-based and free revision, version and source code control software developed for Windows systems. It provides a very easy user interface which helps developers to track their code with more ease.