Wireshark is the most popular network protocol analyzer software. It allows you to see what is happening on your network in detail and represents the standard across many commercial and non-profit enterprises.
Wireshark Main Features
Wireshark is a cross-platform software, available for Windows, Linux, MacOS and many other operating systems. Wireshark uses pcap to capture packets.
This open source software deeply inspects hundreds of supported protocols. The team behind this software constantly adds new protocols to ensure that software is capable of inspecting them.
You can also capture live data and analyze them offline. Wireshark also read and write to many different capture file formats. It can also read data from Ethernet, Bluetooth, WiFi, USB and many other streams.
Wireshark can color packets based on rules that match particular fields in packets, to help the user identify the types of traffic at a glance.
- Data can be captured from a live network connection or read from an exported file,
- Captured data can be browsed via a GUI or via CLI version of the Wireshark – TShark,
- Data presentation can be refined using a display filter easily,
- VoIP calls in the captured network can be detected, encoded and even played,
- This utility is capable to capture raw USB traffic as well.
- User Interface - 7/107/10
- Functionality - 9/109/10
- Speed - 9/109/10
Wireshark is the most popular and the most widely-used network analyzer software. It allows you to see what’s going on on your network in an amazing detail.