Zeal is a simple offline documentation browser which is inspired by Dash – a popular offline documentation software for Mac devices. This little software supports two hundred different documentation sets. All popular programming languages and frameworks are supported.
Zeal Docs Features
We can think of it as a simple offline documentation archive database – stored on your device, which you can access quickly anytime and search for certain functions.
- Access to close to two hundred available doc-sets from your pc and without the internet connection,
- Simple and easy to use interface and extremely fast,
- Search through the database with an effective and fast search engine,
- You can customize fonts and even disable small ad on the main window as well through program preferences,
- All documentation sets have been generated and provided by Dash.io,
- There are available extensions for the most popular IDEs, such as Visual Studio, Atom or VIM
However, I would like to see some other features, such as the snippet manager and bookmark integration within the software.
In general, this might be a useful tool for most developers simply because they may carry and access the full documentation for their favourite programming language without accessing the internet.